NOTE 31 - Vintage & Antique Inspired Junk Journal + Flipthrough




Today's post will be a tour of my very first junk journal!

I recently uploaded a video for a tour of my junk journal.
This is the first junk journal I have made for myself.

If you follow me on Pinterest, you will know that I am drawn to very vintage & antique
inspired junk journals. I am really drawn to those with a Victorian & Edwardian feel to
them. Especially ones with lace & frills.

That was the style & concept I went with for this junk journal.




If you want to hear me talk more about my process, as well as see all the papers
I used, you can watch my video below!




For the cover, I used an old journal I had.
I cover part of it with paper. I left a section where I used many layers
of watercolor & then I stamped a nice pattern onto it.
I used a separate paper from a catalogue to cover the spine.
The front frame is a small mat I had on hand that is used for photo framing.
I kinda stained it with many layers of watercolor paint to get that wood look.
The texture of the mat really helped in achieving that distressed wood look.
To get those lovely details from the cracks to show through, I used a darker watercolor
with a damp brush. I used a bit of gold watercolor on it as well to add interest.

I then glued down my photo I had printed off & tea dyed.
I glued lace around the frame & attached it all to the cover.
I glued & stuck on all the little decorative elements, to finish the cover.
It really has this slightly dainty look that I love!




My signatures were made up of papers from catalogues, vintage & antique book pages,
tea dyed papers, scrapbook papers, tissue papers, & just from the various papers I had around me.
I even included some snail mails I have received.

I like for my journals to be relatively simple & blank.
That gives me room to decorate & play on my pages.




I then used just a simple piece of lace as my closure.
I just tie it around it & that was it.

I really love how it turned out!
I do plan to have some "Junk Journal with Me" videos soon!
So please subscribe if you would like to see those!

Do you have a junk journal? Did you make it yourself? What is the theme?
I would love to know in the comments!



Comments