MAIL 021 - Hand Painted Watercolor Mushroom Postcard




I finally get to post this postcard!

I think I painted this postcard back in December to send through
Postcrossing. I was so worried that it got lost. But... she finally received it.
I was so happy. I wanted to share it.





This was the first time I had used watercolor & watercolor pencils together.
I was worried that the paper wouldn't take all the water well.
Hence, I used the pencils. The paper did warp a bit, but I left it in
a book for a few days after it dried & that helped. I do wish they would
make watercolor paper postcards a bit thicker. 







I used some gold watercolor to add some contrast & a nice pop to
the postcard. I really love how it turned out. I really like dark
backgrounds as well. It helps the mushrooms to stand out.




 

That is all for today! I hope you liked it!
If you liked it, please share! And subscribe for more!

Comments