NOTE 011 - December 2018 Monthly Favorites




December Favorites 2018
I decided to start a new series of posts. I am going to start sharing my favorites every month.
I've never seen this done for stationery supplies, and I think it would be helpful.
I purchased a few things this month. I bought a bunch of new pens to try and I will
talk about some items I have had, but am loving at the moment.




Sakura Gelly Roll 10 White - I had previously used the Uni-Ball Signo in white.
I did love it, but I now love the Sakura Gelly more. The Signo was prone to clogging
& drying up. I would always have to have a scrap piece of paper to scribble on to unclog
it. The ink in the Sakura Gelly seems smoother & it doesn't dry out as fast. I think
it may last longer too. It is more easily available & cheaper which is a nice plus. 

Zebra Sarasa Clip 0.5 - I was looking for a good, but cheap gel pen. I write a lot, so I
go through a lot of pens. I have already used of half of the ink in it already. It writes
very smooth. I have not had much problems with clogging. This is now my go to writing
pen. I will buy more in the future.

Tombow Brush Pen Soft- I am a little late getting to this pen. I wanted a better caligraphy
pen. I had to make fill out a bunch of cards, so I decided to buy one. At first I thought I
had bought the wrong one; I used it & was like "Wow, this is it." I thought it was firm, but
when you press down it is soft. It is very smooth when writing.

Uni Pin Pen 03 Pigment Ink - I previously used Sakura Micron pens. I kept having problems
with the tips wearing away. It wasn't because I was pressing too hard on them. I think it was
because I would use them on watercolor paper. It has a slightly rough texture and I think
that would wear the tips away. I decided to give this Uni Pin Pen a try. It has a firmer tip
that is bigger in comparison. I do like it a lot better. I think the ink flows better than the
Micron pens. I may try a smaller size in the future as well.




Sun-Star Kadomarun Round Corner Punch Blue - I have been wanting a round
corner punch for a while. I think they add an interesting element to snail mail
& stationery. I think it is because we are so used to seeing straight corners. It is
cute & compact. 

Kraft Paper Sticky Notes - These came from the dollar store. I like that I can
use white or black ink on these. They also have a pretty strong adhesive.




Asterisk Symbol Stamp - This came in a pack of rubber stamps from a dollar store.
I used it as backgrounds because it kinda looks like a snowflake.

Snowflake Wide Washi Tape - This also came from the dollar store. I like how it
is wide. Perfect for backgrounds. I used it in one of my journal entries.

BGM Dot Grid Washi - I use this a lot & have had it for a while. I love the simple design.
I can use it on almost everything. The only downside is that the adhesive isn't as strong,
so it peels up sometimes. I hope to receive some similar washi in the mail soon that
is a bit better.




Pentel Aquash Water Brush Medium - I am also late to this one. I wanted to
buy this to encourage me to use watercolor in my journal & snail mails more.
I like it, for small things. It is great for backgrounds. I am so used to using
a paintbrush with bristles that can pick up & hold the pigments. Because this
brush has plastic bristles, it doesn't hold the paint as well. It is hard for me
to control the water as well. Hopefully that will improve with practice. The
convenience of it is great & it is travel friendly. For actual paintings, I will still
stick to an actual paintbrush.


I hope you liked this post! Let me know if you have tried any of these items &
how you liked them in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts