NOTE 014 - DIY Mini Sticker Book for Travel & Snail Mail




DIY Mini Sticker Book

I have an easy tutorial for today. One of my goals this year is to have a
new tutorial post every month. So this is January's tutorial. This mini
sticker book is perfect to take when traveling. You can make one &
 put stickers in it for your pen pal to have. Plus, you can reuse empty
stickers sheets instead of throwing them away.




Materials:
Sticker Sheets*
Pencil
Ruler
Stapler
Paper of choice for the cover


*Note on the sticker sheets: I recommend using flimsy sticker sheets.
Some sticker sheets aren't easily bendable. I am using some that my
stamps were on. 

STEP 1: Determine how many pages you want. I used four sheets.
Because we fold them in half you get double the pages. With the
finished book, I have eight pages. If you have one sided sticker paper, you
can add more sheets. Just remember, the more you add the thicker it will be,
especially when we fold them in half.
4 total sheets = 8 pages after folded in half




STEP 2: Measure & cut to size.
The size you want is up to you. I made sure they were all
about the same size. Just remember they will be folded in
half. My sheets were about 6 inches long (15 cm), but after
folding in half one page is about 3 inches in length (7.5 cm).

My sheet dimensions: 6 inches X 2 1/2 inches. (15 cm X 6.5 cm)




STEP 3: Fold all your sheets in half.




STEP 4: Measure & cut out your cover.
I recommend using paper & not cardstock. Cardstock is too thick
for a small book like this. I laid one sheet on the blank side of my paper
& traced around it, slightly bigger than the sheet. I wanted my cover to 
be a bit bigger than the pages.




STEP 5: Fold your cover in half & get ready to assemble.






STEP 6: Place your cover on the bottom, the pattern facing down.
Then stack the sheets on top. Line them all up on the center fold
line. Clip them so they can't move. (You can use a clothes pin.)
I then measured where I wanted the staples to go. 




STEP 7: Staple all your sheets together on your markings you made.






STEP 8: Fill your book with stickers!
I also added washi tape over the staples, which is completely optional.


Let me know how it went for you!
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.

Comments