NOTE 010 - Origami Bamboo Shoot Tutorial




Origami Bamboo Shoot Tutorial


Difficulty: Easy


I am no origami pro. In fact, I am not that good at origami.
I wanted to share this tutorial because my next MAIL post will feature this origami.
This tutorial is a bit intuitive. All the times I have made this style, they never turned out
like the tutorials I was following. So I am going to show you how I do them.
I did have trouble getting it to lie flat, so I hope you can still tell in the photos.




You will need a size B5 piece of paper. 
Preferably origami paper, but I am using scrapbook paper.
B5 size: 176 x  250 mm (6.9 x 9.8 inches)
I used a normal sized lined paper in my MAIL post.

I also use a popsicle stick to smooth out my edges, but it is optional.




Place the paper so that the pattern is facing down. If you have double sided
paper, make sure the pattern you want to be on the outside is facing down.

STEP 1: Fold in half lengthwise and then unfold it.






STEP 2: Fold the bottom half in half toward the center.




STEP 3: Fold top corners down to meet the center line like above.








STEP 4: Fold both bottom corners up so that they line up with our top corners
we folded down in the previous step.






STEP 5: Fold the top part down like above.






STEP 6: Flip it over so it is lying like above.
This is the part where my origami was always different from the tutorials.
We are going to fold forward along the lines.




STEP 7: Fold the top corner back. 
This is where you can choose how much of a point you would like.
In the tutorials they always had enough material to tuck into the back.
Every one I have made didn't have enough material.




So you can leave the back as is or put a bit of washi tape on it to help it lie flat.



I hope you enjoyed this small tutorial!
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments!

Comments